HOW TO AUDITION for Chamber Choir:
STEP 1: Fill out this Form
STEP 2: Go to the Signup Genius link at the end of the Audition Form to choose your audition appointment
Tuesday, 9/21 2-5pm Geiringer
Wednesday, 9/22 10-2pm Room 1219
FORMAT: UCSB Chamber Choir Audition
** Auditions will take place with Dr. La and three graduate choral conducting students
- Sing a prepared piece from memory, a cappella. Art song, folk songs, legit musical theatre, and hymn tunes are appropriate.
- Vocalizations to determine voice quality and range
- Musical Skills: rhythmic and melodic sightreading
- Watch an example here!
CALLBACKS for Chamber Choir: Friday, Sept. 24 12-1:50pm Geiringer Hall
- The audition excerpt will be emailed to the callback list by noon on Thursday, 9/23
- Each student will learn and sing their assigned part.
- There may be other elements such as foreign language pronunciation, musical analysis, or vocalization.
- Demonstrate your best selves in accuracy, musicianship, and professionalism.
- Schedule for Callbacks:
12:00-12:20 Basses only
12:20-12:40 Tenors only
12:40-1:00 Altos only
1:00-1:20 Sopranos only
1:20 ALL SINGERS (prepared piece and other ensemble exercises)
Other Important Information:
- Results: emailed by 5pm Friday, 9/24
- First Rehearsal: Monday, Sept. 27, 12pm in Geiringer Hall
- Selection into the ensemble is based on vocal talent, musical skills, and attitude/commitment/
- Required Chamber Choir retreat: Sunday, Oct. 10, 5-9pm
- Commitment to the ensemble is for the full academic year.