The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Academic Employment for Ladder Rank Faculty and Lecturers
The Department of Music at UC Santa Barbara invites applications for a pool of qualified temporary lecturers to teach undergraduate or graduate courses. Temporary appointment positions are variable in terms of percentage of time (5% to 100%). They will range from one quarter to one year with the possibility of reappointment that is dependent on teaching performance and department needs.
Qualified applicants should hold a master's degree in Music or have 2 years professional experience. Additionally, applicants must have at least one year of teaching experience by the time of appointment. The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and service as appropriate to the position.
Specific areas of interest for the Department during the 2018-19 recruitment cycle include (1) trumpet (a 25% appointment anticipated in Winter and Spring 2019) and (2) orchestra conducting (a 39% appointment anticipated in Spring 2019). Please inquire with the department to learn about additional openings.
For more information and how to apply, please see https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/apply/JPF01391.
There are no positions available at this time.
The Department of Music is currently hiring motivated students to be on the event production team! Please see the short description below. Those interested can apply via Handshake at the link provided. Students may need to make a Handshake account to apply. Any students having trouble accessing the posting can reach out directly to Anthony Garcia at email@example.com.
The Music Department production team is responsible for stage and performance support, either as an event usher or performance technician. Some experience is desirable but we are willing to train dependable and conscientious team players.
This job entails:
- Providing outstanding support before, during, and after performances
- Assisting performers, professors, and fellow production staff
- Being a team player
- The ability to maintain a warm and professional attitude
- Being reliable in meeting work schedule commitments
- Customer service skills
- In the technician role: setting up and striking productions, supporting all aspects of audio, lighting, staging, video, and podium operations for Music Department events
- In the usher role: welcoming guests, distributing programs, setting up signage and promotional items, taking tickets, facilitating a professional and top-notch concert-going experience, ensuring that performance spaces and seating areas are clean and ready for performance
Apply on Handshake (may require a sign in):
Graduate Student Employment
For graduate students who have been assigned as or are interested in Teaching Assistantships and Readerships, please contact Carly Yartz at firstname.lastname@example.org. New hire paperwork for graduate student employment is available from Carly, 1316D Music Building.